6 month internship
Social business in the field of journalism
Communications and community manager
based in Paris
The start-up: Sparknews highlights ‘positive’ news reports, bringing together a group of like-minded journalists and individuals with a common desire to identify problems and seek solutions. Sparknews is supported by media opinion leaders.
The principle: Journalists are frequently accused of focusing on problems as opposed to solutions. Yet they often play a vital role in informing their fellow citizens about innovative projects driven by positive objectives. They give voice to the modern-day heroes who make it all happen. Unfortunately, stories like these don’t always get the attention they deserve.
Our mission: channeling online solution-based media content from news sources as diverse as CNN, France2, Japan TV, Al Jazeera or RTVE.
The site was launched in May in front of 400 editors in chief and journalists. It aggregates solution-based TV reports with the participation of journalists and the general public. We also organize events with social entrepreneurs and journalists.
- Community manager: liaise with the Sparknews community comprised of journalists, experts, social entrepreneurs and site contributors, (coordination of social networks, participate in organizing events with the community…)
- Communications: propose and pilot tools/communication strategies (facebook, twitter, etc)
- Moderator of site content
- Organization of events
- Natural entrepreneur with enthusiasm for this new and exciting project
- American culture, native English and French speaking (ideally)
- Good networker
- Enjoy organizing networks and websites, events, communications and the world of media.
Education: background in business/ marketing, communications, event management, journalism or political science.
Duration and commencement: 6 months, ASAP.
Located: Paris, France.
Remuneration: €436/ month + payment of air travel (if applicable).